This week's dungeon is an old dwarven outpost, which has fallen into bad times. The goddess of RNG bestowed less action to this one and it might be possible to go through the whole thing without a single fight. I got to say that now after 9 maps I am starting to have some problems with the Shadowdark "Shadowdark Maps" section as randomly rolled maps start repeating themselves. I guess will have to look for some other inspiration to keep this up, but no promises and we'll see.
For this map I experimented with some new technique. Firstly, I got myself thicker paper and instead of a grid, printed light dots to it. The grid on the map is hand drawn and I wanted the grids to be close to invisible in the text boxes. Secondly I got more pens of different thickness and even some grey ones to draw scatter and shadows on the map.
Got the ideas for these new drawing techniques from @Henksuli. He has some nice maps online as well. Take a look at them here, if you want.
As always, comments are more than welcome and if you use this in your game, please share your war stories :D

No comments:
Post a Comment