Thursday, December 22, 2016

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeench - Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Miniature

Yeah I know the Descent project is still not done, but I'll get back to it right away. It was necessary to take a one night break from painting game pieces and what would be better than a miniature from the company that makes the best in the universe (at least if you ask them). What I'm talking about is Games Workshop (naturally) and their most exclusive Age of Sigmar miniature miniature collection (with rules).

I randomly chose a figure from my FLGS - Gaunt Summoner of Tzeench. Actually they sold it to me because this guy is going to participate in their painting competition (monthly I think). I never took part in painting competitions before. Lets see how it goes :)

 Its some kind of daemon mage flying on a daemonic disc. He's waving a wand and a dagger while reading a book and being a total bad ass. Even though the attempted sarcasm at the previous paragraph, I must admit that this model is amazing and I love it. I have no idea what to do with it though because I do not play the game and being plastic, it's too light to be a proper paper weight?!

And some images:
The face reminds me of the "death" character from Hellboy 2

Most painful thing to paint was the book and the feathers on his back. They had to be painted separately and were so small it was hard to hold on to them

I'm slowly improving my photography. I tried to print this grey background, but sadly my printer ran out of ink. I think the mousepad against monitor is almost professional setup

Disgusting in a beautiful way :D

I heard his name whispered to me in my dreams. I'm pretty sure Simo is going to posses the miniature and wreck havoc in the real world. I just hope I get rid of him before that happens

No comments:

Post a Comment